Note 1: This guide has been tested with firmware version 3.3.1 and Bootrom 4.3.0. Be aware that different firmware revisions may have different web interface formats and functionality.
Note 2: This FAQ is based on a new phone OR one that has been reset to factory defaults. If in doubt, reset the phone to Factory Defaults.
The preferred method to configure a Polycom Phone is via Provisioning. You can however follow this guide to manually configure your phone.
Configuring the Phone to Register with 3CX Phone System
- Start up the phone and identify its IP Address – using the menu key on the phone, go to the "Status" option, then to the "Network" option, and select the "TCP/IP Parameters" option. For this example we will assume the IP Address of the phone is 10.0.0.108, and the IP Address of the 3CX Phone System machine is 10.0.0.11.
- Point your browser to the web interface of the phone: http://10.0.0.108
- We now need to set the phone to register with 3CX Phone System. Click on the "Lines" tab, and configure as follows:
- In the "Identification" section of the "Lines" tab:
a. Set the "Display Name" field to the name you want to appear on the Phone display.
b. Set the "Address" field to the extension number you want to associate with this phone.
c. Set the "Auth User ID" field to the extension's Authentication ID.
d. Set the "Auth Password" field to the extension's Authentication Password.
- In the "Server 1" section of the "Lines" tab:
a. Set the "Address" field to the IP Address of the 3CX Phone System machine – in this example, 10.0.0.11.
b. Set the "Port" field to 5060, which is the default - you can check the correct value from the "Settings -> Network" page in the 3CX Management Console
- In the "Local Settings" section of the "SIP" page, set the "Digitmap" field to blank by removing all the contents.
- Click the "Submit" button at the bottom of the page. Your phone will restart. After rebooting, the phone will register with 3CX Phone System. This can be verified via the "Extension Status" page of the 3CX Management Console.